ulzzang | via Tumblr on We Heart It - http://weheartit.com/entry/87416721
Hot Apple Cider:
• 6 cups of organic apple juice
• 1/4 cup(s) of real maple syrup
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• 6 whole cloves
• 6 whole allspice berries (optional)
• 1 orange peel, cut into strips (optional)
• 1 lemon peel, cut into strips (optional)
1. Pour the apple juice and maple syrup into a large stainless steel saucepan.
2. Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice berries, orange peel and lemon peel in the center of a washed square of cheesecloth; fold up the sides of the cheesecloth to enclose the bundle, then tie it up with a length of kitchen string. Drop the spice bundle into the cider mixture.
3. Place the saucepan over moderate heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cider is very hot but not boiling. You can leave it on the lowest simmer during a party.
4. Remove the cider from the heat. Discard the spice bundle. Ladle the cider into big cups or mugs, adding a fresh cinnamon stick to each serving if desired.